Science Rules!

Welcome to Science Rules!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Week 2 Application

This week I chose to do the lesson plan on rapid changes to the Earth's surface.  Although I have created 5E lesson plans before and usually try to implement most of the E's in my lesson plans, I realized that I could do more in my lesson planning to really engage the students.  It is not difficult to find a small experiment, do an observation or to view a video that will entice students' natural curiosity.  It might take a little bit more time to find and plan these things but it seems worth it.  I will try it with the next lesson plan I create for my own classroom.  I will keep you posted on how much more (or less) successful it is!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Anna,
    I agree with you that we could do more with our planning. I also implement the 5 E's in planning, I think it's imperative to include them. What I struggled with is adding too much information. As I reflect on my lesson about motion, I think I included too many concepts which may overload the students and cause me to run out of time. Hoprefully I can improve with this week's lesson.

    ReplyDelete